Tether is a decentralized cryptocurrency pegged to the value of the US dollar. It allows you to send money around the world quickly, securely, and without fees.
Tether is just like cash for the internet! One Tether equals one USD. You can transfer tethers between wallets or to other people with ease. And because it’s built on top of Bitcoin technology, it has all the same security features that make BTC transactions reliable and safe.
The best part about using Tether is that it lets you access your money instantly from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection and a phone with SMS capabilities (and even if you don’t!). This means no more waiting weeks for your bank transfer to clear or international transaction fees.
Tether is an important step in the movement towards a truly decentralized currency system. With Tether, you’re finally free to let go of fiat currencies and transact with cryptocurrency wherever you are.
• No Fees – It’s just like cash for the internet! You don’t need any bank accounts, you don’t need anything at all to start using cryptocurrencies.
• Instant Transfers – With Tether you can transfer money between wallets or other people instantly and securely with no transaction fees and no delays. It’s really fantastic because it lets you access your money from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection and a phone with SMS capabilities.
• Complete Transparency – All Tether transactions are stored in publicly viewable blockchains. You can verify your Tether accounts and balances while ensuring that you’re actually in possession of the assets you own!
• Increased Security – Thanks to its integration with the BitGo platform, Tether is widely touted as one of the most secure wallets in the world.
• Community-Driven – Tether is open-source and community-driven, so you can be certain that it will continue to evolve along with your needs.
How Popular is Tether?
As of this writing, Tether has a market cap of $80 billion (US).
So far, Tether is accepted by a number of exchanges and services around the world. It has also gained a significant amount of traction among traders looking to move money across borders without paying exorbitant transaction fees.
However, you’re still limited in where you can use it for transactions.
Let’s take a look at some of the major players that have adopted Tether as a method of payment.
Exchanges That Allow You to Trade With Tether
1) Binance – Founded in 2017, Binance has become one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges on the market today. It’s known for its rock-solid security features and low trading fees, but it’s also recognized for its fast processing speeds.
2) Bitfinex – Founded in 2012, Bitfinex has long been the market leader in terms of cryptocurrency exchanges. It offers a number of fiat trading pairs, margin trading features, and is known for its low fees and high-security measures.
3) Poloniex – Launched in 2014, Poloniex has made a name for itself by offering users the ability to trade more than 100 different cryptocurrency assets. It’s known for its low fees, fast transactions, and a large selection of coins to trade.
4) Kraken – Founded in 2011, this popular exchange has everything you could possibly need from a platform. If you’re looking for high liquidity, fast trades, and safe transactions, this is the place to be.
5) Bitstamp – This London-based cryptocurrency exchange has been around since 2011. It’s known for being one of the first exchanges to implement proof-of-reserves auditing and transaction verification measures – two things that have contributed to its being one of the most trusted exchanges on the market today.
What Can I Use Tether For?
The tether can be used as a medium of exchange between traders. In other words, you can use it to buy and sell different cryptocurrencies without having to pay high transaction fees or wait for your funds to clear through a bank transfer.
It’s also helpful for investors who want to make quick trades on the market without having to deal with things like margin trading and stop-loss orders.
Thanks to its increased security and transparency, Tether is also a coin of choice for investors who want to keep their money safe while they wait out unstable markets or take advantage of arbitrage opportunities.
Some other usages of the tether are
1. Sending money to friends and family: While not all banks allow you to send money overseas, Tether makes this easy and affordable.
2. Carrying out transactions between different countries: If you need to make a payment for an overseas purchase or transfer money while traveling abroad, Tether is a cheap way to carry out your transaction without paying too much in fees.
3. Payment for online casino: If you’re looking to play slots or other games at an online casino, Tether is now accepted by many casinos. Tether casinos are widely available these days. They are also highly trusted due to the compliance of the regulatory body and the safety measures put in place by these online casinos to give a sense of safety.
4. Paying for online games: You can buy items in-game using Tether, which eliminates the need to pay high transaction fees for using your credit card or PayPal.
5. Paying for online shopping: With cryptocurrency gaining more and more popularity every day, Tether is becoming an increasingly popular payment method when it comes to online shopping.
Tether (USDT) Historical Price Chart
Tether is a stable coin and will likely move marginally against the USD.
Tether (USDT) Price – Today
SEE ALSO: How Did Ethereum Gain Its Popularity?
As more and more exchanges start to adopt Tether as a method of payment, it will continue to gain momentum. It’s also designed to work seamlessly with the blockchain technology behind cryptocurrencies, which makes transactions quick and easy for traders.
Tether is one of the few coins that are designed for everyday use, rather than simply being an investment vehicle. As a result, it’s versatile and can be used for a number of different activities.
Tether is growing more popular by the day, so if you’re looking for a low-cost alternative to fiat currency when conducting transactions on cryptocurrency exchanges, this might be an option worth considering.
Crypto Tools: Essential Resources for Crypto Traders
Crypto tools are essential for anyone looking to navigate the complex world of cryptocurrency. With the rise of digital assets, it is becoming increasingly important to understand the various tools available for trading, analyzing, and securing your digital assets. From market indicators to crypto exchanges, these tools can help investors make informed decisions and maximize ...
CFD Forex Calculator: A Comprehensive Guide with Practical Examples
In the current fast-paced financial world, the foreign exchange (Forex) market has become one of the largest and most liquid markets globally. With the advent of online trading platforms and the increasing popularity of Contract for Difference (CFD) trading, retail traders now have the opportunity to speculate on currency price movements and potentially profit from ...
Understanding And Navigating Decentralized Exchanges (Dex)
A DEX is based on the concept of “disintermediation,” it refers to omitting mediators and enabling everyday people to transact businesses freely with their counterparts. A DEX does not guarantee the maintenance of users’ crypto assets. On the other hand, users always precisely control their funds in their digital wallets. Read on as we take ...