How to Download a Bitcoin Wallet and Use Easily
How a Bitcoin Wallet Works
The advent of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies has given coin owners the reason to own a Bitcoin wallet.
Please note that Bitcoin wallet in this context also refers to wallets used to store altcoins.
Bitcoin wallets give access to a wide array of cryptocurrencies and a host of deposit options making it an all-purpose storage device.
But for people who are already utilizing Bitcoins actively or any form of altcoins each day of the week, a Crypto wallet is a vital storage device for these digital coins.
Bitcoin wallet functions as an application on your tablet or mobile device, which preserves your private keys, and enable you to carry out transactions right from your device.
The Bitcoin wallet is a software application in which Bitcoins are stored and encrypted with a private key.
Bitcoin wallets aid the transfer and receiving of BTC and grant ownership of the Bitcoin reserve to the user. Also, it comes in several forms, but the four common types are mobile, Web, desktop, and hardware.
A crypto wallet is rapidly becoming the most popular payment technology in today’s World and user experience should be your utmost priority when picking one.
What makes these wallets unique is that they incorporate a very effective and detailed security system which reassures anyone who decides to save his/her money in a BTC wallet.
Ensuring your wallet is safe should be paramount to you. Encrypt your wallet with a strong password and select the cold storage option i.e Choosing the offline storage option.
It is also recommended you back up the wallet on your mobile device and desktop due to malware infections or deliberate hacks from cyber criminals to avoid losing your holdings totally and forever.
The good news for cryptocurrency investors is that the government is beginning to get involved through agencies like the FBI and Police on cracking down cryptocurrency thieves.
Having reviewed the functionalities of digital wallets, we have found these reliable for storing your Bitcoins:
Bitcoin Wallet Notable Brands
Ledger Nano X
Trezor Model T
Steps to Downloading a Bitcoin Wallet on your PC, Tablet or Mobile Phone
To get a Bitcoin wallet onto your phone, computer, or tablet, these are easy steps to follow:
- For iPhone or iPad users, before downloading the iOS BTC wallet, check if the operating system of your device supports the wallet app of your choice.
- Most Bitcoin Wallet platforms already have their apps embedded on their website in form of a link, so simply click on them to direct you to the Google Playstore or Apple App store.
- Always double-check that the platform you’re redirected to is the original one. At times, hackers can clone websites similar to the one you intend to download thereby obtaining your personal information.
- Once installed, open it on your computer device, mobile, or tablet and signup.
- After registration, you will be asked to verify your account. This will enable you to commence storage and keep large amounts of Bitcoin in your wallet and secure you against any form of theft, hacking, or malware.
SEE ALSO: How to Flee these 10 Bitcoin Scams Now!
Before we examine the use of Bitcoin wallet acquired conveniently, let’s look at the benefits of having a BTC wallet.
Benefits of Owning a Bitcoin Wallet
1. A Bitcoin wallet permits several financial operations on the go.
2. The encryption and cryptography function keeps your digital assets safe.
3. With the Bitcoin wallet being available to IOS and Android users, they are then able to transfer and receive BTC, Ether, Litecoin, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Tether, and altcoins to and from others.
4. Crypto wallets allow users to transact from any part of the World by simply linking their credit or debit card to the BTC wallet application.
5. The platform gives you the privilege to experience peer to peer transactions. You will be able to send assets swiftly and with no charges to your friends or business partners.
How to Utilize a Bitcoin Wallet Conveniently
To Setup, and Utilize a Bitcoin Wallet conveniently, you can follow these step by step process:
- Open an account on any Bitcoin Wallet platform of your choice.
- Pick a strong password. Note that you will not be able to reset your password on most Bitcoin Wallet platforms, so you can’t afford to lose it.
- Link an email address with your account in the case a backup is needed in the nearest future
- Which these simple procedures, you now have a Bitcoin Wallet which can be used to receive funds. Just email the wallet address to whoever is concerned and you will get the money directly.
A tricky thing here is that anyone who knows your wallet private keys may not find it hard to go through your transactions on the Blockchain and estimate how much BTC you own, because Bitcoin is pseudonymous, not anonymous.
- On your wallet, you can create as many Bitcoin addresses as desired. It is most advisable we create a new address for each transaction to aid anonymity.
Then get some Bitcoins and try sending it. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the crypto wallet’s environment.
You can decide to purchase more Bitcoins.
SEE ALSO: 5 Best Bitcoin Wallet Providers
One more questions we should ask is which Bitcoin Wallet is the easiest to use?
As far as the crypto space is concerned, and from findings of various reviews on Cryptocurrency, Coinbase and its products rank highest.
Coinbase offers the most convenient way to hold, purchase, and sell cryptos.
On their platform, you are allowed to link a bank account in the United States and transfer US Dollars to and fro your wallet. This fiat currency can then be used to buy BTC or other cryptocurrencies.
Coinbase is a digital exchange provider and online crypto wallet fantastic for those just getting accustomed to the Bitcoin World.
You find out that trading cryptocurrencies on the platform is similar to the way buying and selling stock works on your brokerage account.
Image credit: Money vector created by stories – www.freepik.com